Tangzhong Pai Bao (Hongkong Sweet Buns).
You can have Tangzhong Pai Bao (Hongkong Sweet Buns) using 17 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Tangzhong Pai Bao (Hongkong Sweet Buns)
- Prepare of A. Tangzhong.
- Prepare 25 g of bread flour.
- You need 125 g of water (or half water, half milk).
- It’s of B. Bread.
- You need 70 gm of bread flour.
- It’s 65 gm of caster sugar.
- It’s of Tangzhong (*).
- It’s 5 gm of salt.
- Prepare 12 gm of full cream milk powder.
- Prepare 6 gm of instant dry yeast.
- It’s 1 of egg yolk.
- Prepare 30 gm of whisked egg + plus some extra for egg wash.
- Prepare 125 gm of milk.
- You need 28 gm of condensed milk.
- It’s 75 ml of whipping cream.
- You need 35 gm of unsalted butter, softened.
- It’s C. of Prepare two loaf tins, 12cmx22cmx6cm each.
Tangzhong Pai Bao (Hongkong Sweet Buns) step by step
- Mix flour in water well without any lumps. Cook over until you see some “lines” appear in the mixture for every stir you make with the spoon. It’s done. (About 65oC) You get the tangzhong. Remove from heat. Let cool in room temperature (*).
- In a stand-mixer bowl with dough-hook (or large bowl with hand-held mixer with dough-hooks), mix together all ingredients include tangzhong (*) exept butter and knead until conpletetly incorporated. Add butter and mix until the dough is extremely smooth. The dough is very sticky..
- Knead the dough into a ball shape. Place in a greased bowl and cover with a wet towel or cling wrap..
- Let it proof till it's doubled in size, about 40 minutes (depends on weather).
- Transfer to a clean floured surface. Deflate and divide the dough into 6 equal portions. Knead into ball shapes. Cover with cling wrap, let rest for 15 minutes..
- Roll out each portion of the dough with a rolling pin into an oval shape. Fold 1/3 from top edge to the middle and press.Then roll to the bottom. Pinch to seal. Turn seal downward. Roll and stretch to about 20cm in length. With seal downward, place in the loaf tin. Repeat this step with the rest of the dough..
- Let proof in the tins, covered with cling wrap..
- When the dough rises and almost reaches to the rim of the load tins, lightly brush the surface with whisked egg..
- Bake in a pre-heated 180C (356F) oven for 25 to 30 minutes, until turns golden brown..
- Remove from the oven and transfer onto a wire rack. Brush melted butter on it. (Optional)..
- Ta da…
- Served with condensed milk..
- Or jam..