Korean fried chicken. This Korean fried chicken is perfect for any occasion and I'm sure everyone will fall in love with it instantly. Learn how to make it in three simple steps! Be sure to click the BELL ICON to get my latest videos.
Korean Fried Chicken – the BEST Korean fried chicken recipe that yields crispy fried chicken in spicy, savory and sweet Gochujang sauce. I guess Korean Fried Chicken was destined to become famous – just like Colonel Sanders' Right, so actually, "Korean Fried Chicken" refers to a whole set of Korean fried chicken dishes, not just. This Korean fried chicken is chicken thighs in a crispy coating that are tossed in a sweet, spicy and savory sauce. You can cook Korean fried chicken using 11 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Korean fried chicken
- You need 2 of # chicken (I used wings and drumettes).
- You need 1/2 cup of potato starch (you can sub tapioca or corn starch).
- You need 1 tbsp of fresh ginger.
- You need 1 tbsp of fresh garlic.
- It’s 1/2 cup of soy sauce.
- You need 4 tbsp of gochujang paste (can sub Sriracha or sambal).
- It’s 3 tbsp of sesame oil.
- You need 1 oz of Mirin (can sub rice wine vin or similar).
- Prepare 1/4 cup of brown sugar.
- Prepare 1 quart of grapeseed oil (can sub oil of your choice) for frying.
- Prepare of Salt and Pepper.
A unique meal or snack that's totally delicious! Nicknamed "candy chicken," Korean fried chicken is known for its addictively crunchy exterior and its thick sweet-and-spicy sauce. When made right, even the bones become crunchy enough to eat. Korean Fried Chicken is a deliciously crispy chicken with a super sticky and savory bite you'll love.
Korean fried chicken instructions
- Heat your oil to 350°- 375°.
- Season your chicken with salt and pepper.
- In a separate bowl put your potato starch. Individually coat your chicken..
- While oil is hot, fry your chicken for 12-14 minutes. Your going to double fry**.
- In a skillet, heat your sesame oil. Add your garlic, ginger and cook for 1 minute. Add your mirin, soy sauce and gochujang. Simmer for 5 minutes and add your brown sugar at the the last minute..
- After you're 12 minutes of frying the chicken, pull out of the oil and let sit for 1 minute. Add your chicken back into the oil and fry for an additional 5-8 minutes or until golden brown. (This assures your chicken is super crispy).
- After your chicken is fried for the second time, toss in your sauce or serve it on the side and enjoy! You can also garnish with sesame seeds and scallions if you want more presentation..
Korean Fried Chicken is a dish I first tried in New York about. This Korean fried chicken (KFC) is double fried until extra crispy, then tossed in a sticky, sweet and spicy sauce. The only Korean Fried Chicken recipe you'll ever need! Chef John's Korean fried chicken is tender and juicy while maintaining a plate-scratching crispiness that will make this recipe your new favorite. Korean Fried Chicken is the Best Fried Chicken.