Oatmeal Cookies. This recipe for soft oatmeal cookies creates a moist and flavorful dessert that will make everyone's day a little bit better. "These oatmeal cookies are very moist with a good flavor. I packed chocolate chips, raisins, nuts and cinnamon into my oatmeal cookie recipe. These soft cookies are easy to make.
Her oatmeal cookies usually included walnuts and raisins, though you can skip either if you want. The cookies will keep for several days in an airtight. Oats give cookies a delicious nutty flavor that pairs perfectly with everything from chocolate chips to raisins. You can have Oatmeal Cookies using 7 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Oatmeal Cookies
- Prepare 1/2 cup (1 stick) of butter, softened.
- You need 1/2 cup of light brown sugar, firmly packed.
- You need 1 of egg.
- You need 1 1/4 cup of flour.
- It’s 1 cup of old fashioned oats.
- It’s 1 tsp of baking powder.
- You need 1/4 cup of milk.
Classic big, soft oatmeal cookies recipe for classic cookies that taste like they came fresh from a bakery! This recipe is easy and an all-time favorite! An oatmeal raisin cookie is a type of drop cookie distinguished by an oatmeal-based dough with raisins mixed throughout. Its ingredients also typically include flour, sugar, eggs, salt, and various spices.
Oatmeal Cookies instructions
- Preheat oven to 350° F..
- Beat butter and sugar with electric mixer until well combined.
- Blend in egg. I beat this for 2 min, or until fluffy.
- In a separate bowl: mix flour, oats and baking powder together.
- Alternately add the flour mixture and milk to wet ingredients until combined.
- Now my favorite is adding 3/4 cup of dried cranberries. You can add 1/2 c. Chocolate chips and 1/2 c. Dried cranberries. Another alternative is 1/2 c. Chopped pecans and 1/2 c. Butterscotch chips. Be creative!.
- Drop by rounded tablespoons onto UNGREASED cookie sheets. Bake for 12-15 min, or until light golden brown..
- Move to wire rack to cool. Store in airtight container. Makes about 3 dozen cookies..
These Oatmeal Cookies are big and chewy, super easy to make and they're good for you. Add chocolate chips, raisins, or nuts and watch them disappear! How to make the best oatmeal raisin cookies just like your grandma used to make. We went on a road trip and I made a batch of Chewy Oatmeal Raisin Cookies to take with us. Oatmeal cookies are a timeless classic.